Monday, February 28, 2011

Change is a good thing

I recently read a posting in a friend's blog which talked about making your own horoscope, taking chances and how we are in control of our lives.  This is so true!  I am in the midst of a lot of changes in my own life right now.  In about 4 months I will be getting married, my fiance and I just bought our first car which was a big step in adulthood for us, and we are looking at new opportunities that would affect where we live, work and force us to make some big decisions.  Although there could be some big changes coming our way, I have no doubt that we will make the right choices and that everything will work out for the best.  Change can be a scary thing to go through but I believe that it is a necessary and unavoidable part of life.  Change is what makes life an adventure. 

Recently Donny & I had to spend 2 days at an Engagement Encounter weekend where we discussed how married life would be, took a deeper look into ourselves and our relationship and evaluated the way in which we would handle whatever life through at us.  During those 30 some hours at this retreat my eyes were opened a little wider and not just about what it means to be married and share a life with someone, but while I listened to everything the other couples had been through, I realized that life presents us with all sorts of surprises.  Some of those may be good, some bad, challenging or scary but in the end if we have faith and are willing to lsiten to each other and look within ourselves then everything will turn out just fine.  I am very lucky to be able to say that the man I am marrying will be at my side forever and I know we will have a wonderful and full life together. 

Maybe you know exactly what you want to do in life or maybe you have no clue and feel like your a needle on a compass that can't just point in one direction, regardless, having faith in yourself and being open to change will get you through any situation.  Whenever I start to think that life is getting hard or I am just fed up with some things, I think about the woman I see begging for money on the street corner or the people in the news who went from hard times to on top of the world.  I just tell myself, look at them.  They made it through and so can I considering my life is no where near as hard as theirs.  Just BELIEVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment