Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Will

58 days...the number of days until I will wake up for the last time as Miss Christine Bochniak. I will enjoy the morning festivities of getting my hair and makeup done with my closest friends whom I have chosen to share the day with. I will finally get to wear my white satin gown and crystal beaded veil and sparkling accessories. I will laugh and smile during pictures. I will cry...a lot. (I could cry right now) I will walk up the church steps I have walked up with my family so many times before to attend Sunday service. I will watch as my Bridesmaids and Groomsmen walk down the church aisle and our flower girl lets the soft pink petal fall to the white runner. I will hold my Daddy's arm, as I have so many times before in my life as he has been the number one man in my life. I will walk down aisle with him trying to hold back tears and smile at all of the friends and family in attendance. I will stand before the priest with my Mom and Dad as they give me away. I will step away from the two people who have given me more love, confidence, support, and hope than any two parents could give and take the hand of the man I will soon call my husband. I will listen to the priest as he gives his sermon and explains to us the sacrifice we are agreeing to enter into as husband and wife. Then the priest will ask for the rings. The priest will ask if I promise to love Donny in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, until death do us part and in response I will proudly and with all of the joy my body can contain will say, "I will." And he better do the same! :) I will kiss my new husband and enjoy this wonderful day we have spent so many hours over the past year plus days planning. From that moment on I will live not only for myself but for the man who loves me for than I could ever hope to be loved. I will be happier than I have ever been before and I will have had my dream day.

No comments:

Post a Comment